Last Wednesday March 11th, Gar&Mann:L was invited to one of Calgary's Premier fashion and charity Gala, Bella 2015 by Calgary Health Trust and Holt Renfrew Calgary. In the past, Bella has raised almost $1 million for health priorities in research, education and leading edge technologies in our community. This year, all proceeds raised will be directed to the “Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” (NICU) at Foothills Medical Centre in order to create the only in-born Level III Tertiary Care Unit in southern Alberta for their tiniest patients.
Bella charity fashion gala 2015 was a great success, it had raised more than $600,000 for the NICU. Many community leaders and generous donors across the city came together to show their support. A fashion presentation put together by Holt Renfrew style team showcased the latest spring trend. Proceeds generated from ticket sales and auction items were also used to benefit the following medical equipments in Foothills Hospital's NICU:
- Giraffe Omnibed hybrid isolettes: Helps reduce the stress to the baby and increase access for staff.
- Cardiac ultrasound unit: Allows staff to take exceptional ultrasound imaging directly to the baby without moving them
- Bedside monitors: Help to provide a coherent picture of patient status
- Neonatal ventillator: State-of-the-art ventilation therapy for the tiniest of patients
- SiPAP non-invasion ventilator: Offers non-invasive positive pressure ventilation
- Therapeutic hypothermia units: Reduces brain damage, and improves an infant's chance of survival
- Heated cots
- Handheld ultrasound
- Medication infusion pumps: Delivers medications, into the babys body in controlled amounts
- Resuscitation units
- Phototherapy lights: Used to treat jaundice
- Donor milk: Access breast milk through donor milk bank, which provides many necessary nutrients for tiny and sick infants when their mother's milk is not available
Big congrats to Bella 2015! But Calgary Health Trust will still need your love and support in continue to provide medical care and special service programs for the city of Calgary. Help make a difference by making a generous donation here.