The Heart Truth Calgary Fashion Show, is a national star-studded campaign that aims to promote the importance of Heart Health as heart disease and stroke is a leading cause of death among Canadian women. Reputable public figures, philanthropic and Olympians join forces every year to empower the campaign by walking down the runway in a custom made Red Dress, the symbol of courage. Join us tonight April 26, 2014, at the Eighth Avenue Place for a night of glamour while we raise funds and awareness for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Help Share the Truth www.thehearttruthcalgary.ca
“The Heart Truth Fashion Show has seen great success for the past six years in Toronto and it’s a thrill personally and professionally to bring this event to Calgary for a second time,” said Shahr Savizi, co-chair, The Heart Truth Calgary. “It’s because of the large team of volunteers that believe this event is not just about women, but it’s about the people who love them; the people who want their mother, wife and sister, friend to have a long healthy life."
100% of the proceeds collected from The Heart Truth is donated to the Heart And Stroke Foundation for research.
Below is the list of celebrity pairings with our local fashion designers this year:
- Olympian: 2014 Canadian Winter Olympic Luge team, Kim McRae in Mackenzie Jones
- Athlete: Nike sponsored Canadian long-drive golf champion, Lisa Longball (Vlooswyk) in Haithem Elkadiki
- Survivors: previous board of directors of the Heart & Stroke Foundation and communications professional, Sandra Thornton who suffered from a heart attack in 2004 at 51-years-old in Ruby Johnson and fashion loving 84-year-old, Anne Bosman who suffered from two strokes in 2013 in Bellissima.
- NHL Flames Wives community, health/nutrition writer and barre instructor Michelle McGrattan in Danielle Cameron
- Healthcare professional and community volunteer Mary Lougheed in Malika Rajani
- Creator of Get RIPPED! fitness DVD series and program, Jari Love in Nicole Rita Tomney
- Violinist, singer and composer, Sophia Serefino in Tracey Wardkerr
- Media personalities: sports reporter, anchor, announcer and author, CTV Calgary’s, Lisa Bowes in Haithem Elkadiki; news reporter and anchor, Global TV Calgary’s, Bindu Suri in Michelle Roberts; host and producer, Shaw TV Calgary’s, Erin Strate in Lara Presber; editor, Avenue Magazine Calgary’s, Kathe Lemon in Marsina King
- Special honourary male guests: NHL Flames player, Brian McGrattan to escort wife, Michelle McGrattan and event sponsor, Calgary-based Indy race car driver, Ryan Verra to present Lisa Bowes in her F1 inspired red dress.
“Calgary is ready and waiting for an event of this kind and it’s a chance to celebrate our culture, talent and community spirit for a very important cause – it’s not just another fashion show,” saidJacqueline Tyler, co-chair, The Heart Truth Calgary. “This is our chance to create a story about heart health in a memorable evening where fashion represents courage, power, and hope. Through working with the designers and celebrities over the past few months, we’ve learned that many of them have had their own heart moment and it’s humbling to know volunteer efforts are making a difference in so many ways."
Gar&Man:L is big on supporting emerging talents and charitable events. We will provide you with full coverage of the night. It is never too late for tickets! Join us for a night of inspiration, love and care . Get your tickets here.